A little bit about us
Footweardepot.co.uk is an online specialist for a range of safety boots, work boots and work shoes from CAT, Dr Martens and leisure footwear from designer label, Silver Street London and Catesby.
We are experienced in the field of fashion and safety footwear. We have been key players in the U.K market for decades, involved in the wholesale and retail distribution of authentic leather and safety wear.
Our team is on a constant search for new products to be added to our website to offer you the very best in footwear, workwear and clothing. We stand by the philosophy to source the best products, from genuine UK suppliers, giving you the confidence you are buying 100% guaranteed genuine branded products.
All safety footwear in the UK has to conform to the CE ISO EN 20345:2011 and all of our safety footwear is genuine CAT and Dr Martens. All safety footwear brands carry the CE certification logo.
Subscribe to our mailing list to stay in the loop with all things Footwear Depot. We regularly update our product lines and offer special discounts to our loyal customers.
CHECKOUT OUR WIDE RANGE OF FOOTWEAR
Footwear Standards Explained
A brief guide to safety footwear standards and terms used in footweardepot.co.uk. All safety footwear sold in the UK has to conform to EN ISO safety standards to ensure the wearer can be confident that the footwear they are about to purchase, is fit for purpose.
Safety footwear has an ‘S’ classification showing it’s safety rating and a slip rating for the sole unit under given conditions.
EN ISO 20345 ‘S’ ratings:
- SB Basic safety protection, 200 joules. This is a basic safety boot with steel or composite toe cap only, no midsole protection.
- S1 200 joule toe cap protection with the addition of a closed seat region (fully enclosed heel). Anti-static properties and energy absorption of the seat region.
- S2 as above plus water penetration and water absorption resistance.
- S3 as above plus puncture resistant midsole and cleated outsole.
- It is also possible to have a ‘P’ designation against SB, S1 and S2 indicating the style has a puncture resistant midsole.
There is no classification for metal free footwear. These will use components that are made from composite materials with no metal present. These are ideal for areas where metal may interfere with the apparatus, such as air port metal detectors. Composite is also generally ligther and more flexible than steel making them feel warmer in winter and help to reduce fatigue sometimes associated with wearing heavier boots.
If you’ve got any questions about footwear standards, drop us a line to firstname.lastname@example.org